Friday 26 June 2009

Stay DVD Report


In Stay, a New York psychiatrist Sam Foster (Ewan McGregor) attempts to stop an unusual young patient, Henry Lethem (Ryan Gosling), from a planned suicide on his 21st birthday. Sam is drawn deeper into Henrys life, and then into the labyrinth of his subconscious, putting stress on Sams relationship with his artist girlfriend, and former patient, Lila (Naomi Watts).

Sams own tightly-held grip on reality begins to dissolve, and is faced with increasingly surreal encounters, and a Manhattan transformed into a wildly shifting dreamscape! Sam can no longer figure out what is true and what is happening only in his head!

As you can probably guess from the above, Stay is a very strange movie, very disjointed. Initially, I didn't know how to take Stay. Then I started noticing weirdness in the backgrounds, such as lots of identically dressed twins (the first time caused me to rewind the movie and check). I feel if I knew more about the movie before I watched it, I may have enjoyed it more! Possibly one for me to watch again and then decide.

Here is the trailer...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for your comment!