Monday 29 June 2009

Movie Review News - The Future


I have been thinking a lot about what needs to be included in a DVD Review, so from now on, I will include the following;

01) AKA - Does the movie have another name? This occasionally happens for different country releases! I generally include this already.

02) Print Quality the movie has been sourced from; is it perhaps scratched, or even from a video tape?

03) Sound Quality, does the DVD have good quality sound playback? Is it muffled or floored?

04) The DVD cover, does it do the movie justice? Does it make the movie look better then it is?

05) The DVD label the movie is on, this often matters, especially if its a budget release of an older movie!

06) Format, is it wide-screen or 4:3?

07) Advertised Length vs the real movie length, time to be taken at the start of the credits, I don't believe 10 minutes of credits add 10 minutes to your viewing pleasure, and some advertised lengths seem to be wrong!

08) Have I seen the movie before?

09) Will I watch it again?

10) The price I paid for it, most I have acquired second-hand or in sales!

11) Overall score for the movie out of 10.

11) To include a picture of the actual DVD Cover.

I know a lot of these apply for budget re-releases, lets see how it goes! I may add to this list, I do feel many of the above are important!

BTW I call them a report as its a mini-review, I don't believe most people want to read a phone directory to see if someone else enjoyed the movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for your comment!